Salboy and Ask Real Estate have formed a joint venture partnership to deliver the ambitious Viadux project in Central Manchester.
Planning permission for the scheme, on the former Bauer Millet site off Albion Street, is already in place for a 40-storey residential tower and a 14-storey office building that will provide 240,000 sq ft Grade A commercial space.
The development, designed by Simpson Haugh, will also transform the neighbouring railway arches and create an active frontage along Great Bridgewater Street with new bars, restaurants and shops.
Work is expected to start on site this spring with Salboy’s partner construction firm Domis, carrying out the build.
Simon Ismail, co-founder and director of Salboy said: “Viadux will benefit from our extensive construction expertise and residential development experience and will be the latest in a line of high quality schemes we are delivering in the city region. Working with a partner of the calibre of Ask over the coming years will help create one of the most exciting mixed-use projects right in the heart of the city centre.”
The £300m project involves working around the existing tram line and Grade II listed arches and is expected to take approximately three years.
John Hughes, managing director of Ask said: “This new and exciting partnership joins together two well established Manchester real estate companies. By joining forces with Salboy, together we are able to bring to fruition this significant development, which is in response to the city’s continuing economic, cultural and population expansion.
“Viadux brings back to life “hidden” space and with its unique characteristics, will transform this key location adjacent to Deansgate Castlefield Metrolink station, the Beetham Tower and Manchester Central Conference and Exhibition Centre.”
Salboy is a Manchester-based property developer and private equity company owned and operated by Simon Ismail and Betfred-owner, Fred Done.
It develops and funds high-quality housing and property developments throughout the United Kingdom.
Salboy has more than 1,200 units under construction with a further 2,000 in the design process, aiming to deliver the highest quality of city centre apartments with luxury amenities.
Current schemes include:
- Local Blackfriars, Salford – 380 apartments, townhouses and penthouses across two striking towers with the restored Grade II-listed former public house, the Black Friar repurposed as a gateway entrance.
- Local Crescent, Salford – Three buildings creating a central landscape courtyard and providing 399 apartments and town houses. Top class amenities with a heated swimming pool, cinema room, yoga studio, gym, laundrette, courtyard gardens, coffee shop, solarium, sauna & spa.
- Burlington Square – 273 apartments close to the University of Manchester with ground floor communal areas and resident’s gym.
- SYNQ- MCR – Providing 183 apartments over eight stories with ground floor commercial units, communal facilities, and a rooftop garden in the heart of Manchester’s Northern Quarter.
- The Press, Manchester – The Conversion of a Grade II listed printing works to create 66 New York-style 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments and townhouses close to Angel Meadows and the NOMA district.
- Castle Irwell, Salford – A new community of 500 new homes on a sweep of land framed by the River Irwell. Planning expected late 2020.
Jill Burdett or Dan Gledhill at LAW OF THE FEW PR:
firstname.lastname@example.org – 07812 338808
email@example.com – 07875 707850
DOMIS Construction was formed in 2017, by Fred Done, Simon Ismail and Lee McCarren, to support Salboy’s development process from concept to completion with a commitment to unrivalled build quality.
Ask Real Estate Limited
Established in 2000, Ask has built a reputation for being a leader in multi-partner developments, featuring some of the most creative and bold concepts in regeneration, enjoying outstanding working relationships with both the public and private sector. The Manchester-based company now boasts a portfolio of 20 separate projects, comprising over 3 million sq ft of floorspace and generating an end value of £800 million.
Currently under construction is 100 Embankment, the second of two phases of Grade A BREEAM Excellent commercial offices creating a new civic centre for Salford. The company’s flagship scheme at First Street in Manchester City Centre is continuing to expand with the next phase of development scheduled to be on site in mid 2020.
While Ask is proud of its rich heritage in Manchester and the North West, it has recently expanded into other regions having been chosen by Gateshead Council to partner them on the delivery of a £220 million arena-led scheme on the River Tyne.
T: 0161 817 6620